This year, there will be two components to the event: a ficathon as in previous years, and an art side which will work on an open prompts/claiming basis. This post is for ficathon signups; please see here for donating art prompts.
Signups/prompt donations close: February 21st
Fic assignments out and art prompts posted: by February 26th
(by the magic of cut-and-paste)
- Fics (and thus prompts!) should be centred around the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures novels in some way. Crossovers with other parts of Who canon are fine, as long as some element of the EDAs is heavily involved. Prompts/fics can be gen, het, slash or femslash.
- The ficathon will work on the three prompts, one fic model. When you sign up, you give three prompts, one of which your assigned author will choose and write. When you get your assignment, you choose one of the prompts from your recipient and write it.
- Please try to make at least some of your prompts quite general; if all your prompts rely on some particular book it'll make the matching very difficult.
- Please make sure your fic is of the highest possible quality of spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. The easiest way to do this is of course to get a beta to look it over for you.
- Minimum word count for fics is 750 words.
- On the due date (May
3rd8th) a masterlist post will be created here on henriettastreet. Post your fic wherever you like -- your LJ, Teaspoon, this or another comm, whatever -- then comment on that post with a link.
- If you do have to drop out for any reason, please give as much notice as possible so that a pinch hitter can be found.
- Enjoy yourself!
Please copy and paste the following signup form into a comment on this post and fill in with the relevant details.
Remember: three prompts, one fic. Please use the sixth and seventh sections of the signup form for any information you want to give about ratings, types of fic, or canon familiarity. For any questions, concerns, etc., I can be contacted by LiveJournal PM or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.